Why Choose Us?
If you are considering surgery for weight loss in the Houston area or are searching for a medical weight loss program, we understand that the sheer number of choices you have can be confusing and possibly intimidating. That’s why the team of weight-loss experts at the UT MIST Center for Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery goes the extra mile not only to provide the best possible medical care for our patients, but also to create a welcoming, relaxed atmosphere for delivering personalized care.
Here are some important reasons why you should choose UT MIST if you are considering surgery for weight loss or simply want to find a medical weight loss program to help you reach your goals:
- UT MIST's board-certified surgeons are among the most well-trained, experienced bariatric experts in the country. They don’t just stay on the cutting edge of bariatric surgery; they are the cutting edge, constantly analyzing results, striving to improve outcomes, and working on new minimally invasive bariatric surgery techniques and procedures, including incisionless gastroplasty.
- Our board-certified surgeons serve on the faculty of the University of Texas Medical School at Houston, where they teach other physicians how to perform minimally invasive gastrointestinal surgery and bariatric surgery.
- We are considered the revision experts, receiving referrals from colleagues to correct prior surgical errors or to handle the most difficult, high-risk cases. When things go wrong somewhere else, they contact UT MIST for help.
- Our surgeons specialize in minimally invasive surgery for weight loss to improve our patients' results and overall experience. UT MIST surgeons perform endoscopic and laparoscopic operations, many with robotic assistance. This means you can enjoy a shorter hospital stay, less pain, smaller incisions, and a faster recovery.
- UT MIST surgeons have a complete support team of weight-loss specialists to help you reach your goal: weight-loss physicians, exercise physiologists, registered dieticians, mid-level providers, nurses, and a full medical staff. We work closely together to help you lose weight and keep it off—for good.
At UT MIST, we get it: Your decision to seek help for obesity is one of the most important you will ever make. We are committed to supporting you in every step along the way, and we look forward to helping you on your life-changing path to better health and wellness.